Few names are as well known in the HVAC industry as Honeywell. They’ve produced the most reliable and popular home thermostats for decades. Today they’re extending building on that reputation as they enter the “smart thermostat” marketplace.
Among the most highly recommended thermostats in the market today are the Honeywell RTH9580WF, the Honeywell RTH6580WF, and the Honeywell TH8320WF1029. Each of these thermostats is considered to be among the best Honeywell Wifi thermostats that are specially designed with the user’s comfort and convenience in mind.
Each of these thermostats offers a variety of key features that make them better than the other depending on who is asking. To help you decide which one is the perfect match for your home, we will compare each one of these Honeywell thermostats and their smart features, pros, and cons.
Honeywell RTH9580WF: Reliable Features
Boasting a customizable screen color that can be changed to match any décor and theme, Honeywell RTH9580WF is among the most in-demand thermostats available today. Some of the other key features that this thermostat has are the following:
- With Honeywell RTH9580WF, you can choose whether it will function as a home or business thermostat. This reliable device also lets you create a unique schedule that is tailored to your home or business’ specific requirements and preferences.
- Honeywell RTH9580WF analyzes your heating and cooling schedules to deliver the perfect temperature at exactly the right time that you need it. It is also equipped with smart features that can determine the exact amount of time needed to reach your desired temperature and therefore saving energy without compromising comfort.
- To add convenience to its users, Honeywell RTH9580WF also comes with a free mobile application that allows you to access your thermostat options from your computer, smartphone, or tablet—wherever you are in the world. With this reliable feature, you can control your home’s heating and cooling system as well as monitor your energy usage.
- Honeywell RTH9580WF has an automatic feature that sends reminders to connected devices about extreme temperatures. It will also remind you when to change your filters.
- Password options and advanced locking features are also designed into this thermostat for the user’s added convenience and security. You can choose to have only a number of people from your household who are allowed to access your thermostat.
- This thermostat displays both outdoor and indoor temperature as well as humidity information.
Honeywell RTH9580WF: The Challenges
- For this device to be installed and function properly, a C-wire connection is required, which is not readily available in all homes.
- Although it can be controlled through Wi-Fi, an on-site or personal interaction is required whenever this thermostat gets disconnected from the internet.
- Since it requires a C-wire to be installed and setup the right way, a professional installer may be called upon when additional wires have to be installed.
Honeywell RTH6580WF: The Pros
Similar to the previously discussed thermostat, Honeywell RTH6580WF is also capable of being connected and controlled through the use of cellphones, tablets, and computers.
Its Wi-Fi feature is among the number one assets that this model offers to its users. Other Honeywell RTH6580WF features include:
- Honeywell RTH6580WF boasts having a seven-day, 4-program periods programming option. With this remarkable feature, you can achieve ultimate comfort by having scheduled temperature options for different times of the day such as in the mornings, daytime, evenings, and nighttime.
- Another added feature of Honeywell RTH6580WF is that when you choose to invest in this device, you will have the ability to know the local weather by accessing its web portal or mobile application.
- This reliable Honeywell thermostat also comes at a very affordable price without sacrificing quality and functionality.
- If you want to have your home’s room temperature level to be exactly as what you have programmed it to be, choose Honeywell RTH 6580WF to make it happen. This model comes with a high-level of room temperature accuracy at +/- .5 degree.
- One more thing that makes Honeywell RTH6580WF stand out from other thermostats in the market today is that it comes with a mobile application that is very user-friendly.
Honeywell RTH6580WF: The Cons
- Setting up the Wi-Fi connection can sometimes be too complex for other users. While there are troubleshooting steps that are included in the manual, some of them still do not solve the Wi-Fi connectivity problems.
- The mobile application requires you to input an 8-digit password each time you wish to access your device. This makes it very annoying and time-consuming.
- Some models of internet routers may not be compatible with Honeywell RTH6580WF which results in the strong possibility of not being able to connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Another minor con that Honeywell RTH6580WF has is that a loud clicking sound is heard whenever the thermostat turns on or shuts down the heating or cooling system.
- Honeywell RTH6580WF also has a backlight that does not stay on. Because the user must first tick on a button in the dark to see the display, which sometimes resultsin turning unnecessary actions such as turning on the AC.
Honeywell TH8320WF1029: Praiseworthy Aspects
This model is also one of the best Honeywell Wifi thermostats available on the market today. Just like the two previously discussed models, you can also access and control this device through your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Wherever you are in the world, you can control your home’s temperature levels as well as monitor your energy consumption. Other reliable features that Honeywell TH8320WF1029 has are as follows.
- This model boasts a 10-inch touchscreen display that shows the time, room temperature level, and various user-friendly controls. In addition to a touchscreen display, Honeywell TH8320WF1029 can also be voice-activated when connected to Alexa (http://smarthousemanager.com/voice-controller-uses-in-2017/).
- With Honeywell TH8320WF1029, you can choose to have it on programmable or non-programmable mode. It also boasts a seven-day, multiple period programming options that allow you to set your desired temperature at different times of the day for the next seven days.
- Honeywell TH8320WF1029 comes with a battery backup, which makes it possible to have some features still function even when there is no power.
- When you choose to install Honeywell TH8320WF1029 in your home or place of business, you can save on electricity consumption especially when the thermostat is programmed to turn off the AC or furnace when not needed.
- Comes with a filter change reminder, which is very helpful for busy homeowners and businesses.
Honeywell TH8320WF1029: Minor Shortcomings
- Not all users find it easy to connect the device to the Wi-Fi. Although troubleshooting steps have been performed, the device would still not connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Overall, installing and setting up this thermostat requires a lot of focus, determination, and hard work. The manual included was very poorly constructed therefore giving the user an even more hard time to install the unit.
Best Honeywell Wifi Thermostat: The Verdict
If there’s one drawback to all these new Honeywell thermostats we’d have to say it’s their names. We really wish we didn’t have to try to remember which RTH, or WF had which feature. Our suggestion would be to use the links above to open all three options in different tabs so you can compare other reviews for each.
Or, you could go with our pick for the top, and click here to get the best price today on the Honeywell RTH9580WF.
However, if you are looking for an affordable yet still highly reliable thermostat, you can definitely choose Honeywell TH8320WF1029. Honeywell RTH6580WF is also a great choice especially for those who are looking for a dependable thermostat that has a seven-day, four-period programming option.
In the end, the choice is yours and rests on your specific preferences, budget, and goals. We’re just glad we’re able to find so many smart options in one brand line. Happy shopping!